It’s been too long since I posted an entry here, and I’m feeling a terrible sense of guilt. Especially since I have so much to write about I don’t even know where to begin!
When in doubt, make a list. A list is particularly helpful given that I’m a bit of a space cadet – this way, if I meander off on some topic or other, I’ll be sure to attend to all the necessary business, if not in this post then in a future one. Because, I mean, heaven forfend I neglect something, as it’s bound to be deeply fascinating. Once I catch up, maybe I can go back to one topic per entry, like all those other, more grown-up blogs. These are the things to which I aspire.
Meanwhile, the list:
1. Rigatoni with swiss chard
2. A trip to Berkeley to visit my parents, where I ate at César and, of course, Gioia
3. The World Cup
4. Homemade caramel, two kinds, as well as David Lebovitz’s dulce de leche brownies
5. My band, which sounds very different these days and will be recording in August
6. I took a cooking class at Sur La Table, and it was fun, but it led me to buy a Shun knife, which is both good and bad
7. Luisa! Nicolette lent me Heat and I’m tearing through it…
8. So You Think You Can Dance
9. Debbie’s The Best Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies in the Entire World, which I prefer to call Holy Fucking Shit These Are Good Chocolate Chip Cookies, as per her recipe
10. Plus, of course, more chocolate featherweight cookies, because who can get enough of those?
I feel there is much else, but I think it’s all wrapped up. In fact, all of these things sort of intertwine and are involved with one another so who knows how or when I’ll get to them. Ooh, the suspense. And now, without further ado…